Wednesday, March 31, 2010

counting my blessings

A couple days ago a metro train was bombed in Moscow. I sent my former roommate Nastia a message to make sure she was ok. Turns out the station that was bombed is where she gets off to go to work. She happened to have the day off though so she was at home instead of on the way to work as she would have been.
I don't have a lot to say but I do want to say this. Nobody knows what could happen from day to day. We worry about crazy things that may or may not happen and in our worry we miss out on huge adventures and wonderful life experiences.
Let's love life! I've gone through times that I did and times that I didn't. Trust me when I did not do my best to enjoy every day, life was much worse. I know this isn't all that profound or spiritual but I challenge you to look for the good things in every day. No matter what is going on in your life there has to be SOME good.

Today I'm enjoying the beautiful weather, my children FINALLY taking a nap, and the pile of freshly washed/dried/folded laundry that I got to finish because of said nap. I have an amazing husband that does things like this 
and doesn't mind if he comes home to a messy house, disheveled wife or half dressed children. Because he is happy to be here with us.

Just in natural things I have a lot to be grateful for and I could probably list 1000 more things if I tried.

What do you have to be grateful for?

1 comment:

I love to hear your thoughts, questions & comments. It all means a lot to me

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...