Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mama love

I am typing this with my oldest son sitting in my lap. His feet hang down on one side of me and he is doing his best to keep his head on my shoulder but let's face it. He is huge! As much as he tries to scrunch on my lap it isn't working. He keeps asking me to sing the "dumbo mommy song" so I pause and sing "Baby Mine" from dumbo. It's hard to believe he will be 5 in a couple weeks. I remember being painfully pregnant with people joking they were going to wheel a stretcher up to me because I was leaning so far back to balance myself and the enormous belly I was carrying. I remember having to go into surgery because he wouldn't come out and when they held up my 9 lb 11oz baby boy at 21 1/2 inches and all the nurses said "no wonder he got stuck he's bigger than you!" and I thought he looked like a toddler. In fact in my drugged post surgery state I recall saying something to that effect. I should have known he would be a big boy.

(Logan holding his little friend Addison. He loves having her over and sings to her almost the whole time she's here)
Last night Timothy went with Jose to do something while I made dinner. Logan wanted to help. He brought in a chair and helped me "squash the lemons" (juice the limes lol) he would put the lime on the juicer until he thought it was done. Then he put it in a bowl so I could "squash them more" If you ever hear me say squash the lemons just know that I may never get that phrase out of my head. It's one of the remnant's of Logan's babyhood that I'm going to hold on to. I stood next to him for a minute to slice some more limes in half then walked over to my bowl of shrimp and continued my job of peeling them. (I was making ceviche...lot's of lime juice and raw shrimp required) Logan said "Mom, I can call you mom now. Come here for a minute and stand by me again" so I did and he leaned over and kissed my shoulder. Then he said "ok, you can go back now" Little moments like that make me happy for the big boy he's becoming. The one who wants to buy my lunch, get me flowers, open the door for me and carry my bag. I don't know what we did to get such an amazingly sweet little boy but whatever it is I thank God for my baby. He won't let me call him that anymore but that is what he will always be to me. I love you Shalomey I hope you always know that 

3 comments:

  1. love your new look on the blog. wait, is it new? love that you added music too!

    adorable boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is kind of new. I changed it a couple weeks ago. I change it periodically. (short attention span :)

    Thanks I'm glad you like it

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, questions & comments. It all means a lot to me

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...